Bachata Sentimiento was one of the very first organizers of Bachata dance socials in the Bay Area. Ten years ago we started providing free dance classes and dance socials at the Stanford campus. While we today have grown well beyond these early days and today host some of the largest Bachata dance socials in the Bay Area, we believe it’s important that young students have an affordable way to learn dancing and enjoy the benefits of being part of our beautiful dance community.
Therefor we do let students (with a valid student ID) under 25 years of age to get in to our Redwood City dance social free of charge before 8:30pm if they help share the Facebook event on Facebook.
This helps us continue our tradition of reaching out to new students and provide them free dance classes and dance socials, even if we today have moved on to larger commercial venues.
To be added to our “Free Student Guestlist”, please follow these instructions:
- Make sure that you have a valid Student ID and are 25 years of age or less (you need to show your student ID and a photo ID to the cashier).
- Please share the Facebook Event on Facebook.
- Send an email to “omid [at] bachatasentimiento.com” with the link to the post you shared. Use subject like “Free Student Guestlist”. Please make sure the post is public so we can see which event you have shared and we can add you to the right guestlist.
- Please notice that you need to send us this email no later than on Tuesday the week of the event. This gives us enough time to put together and print the Student Guestlist in time for the social. Emails received after this date might or might not be processed and added to the list on time.
- The guestlist is valid until 8:30pm. The purpose of this guestlist is to enable students to take the class and learn bachata free of charge (the dance class starts at 8pm).